Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Society (APFPS) has been established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh under The Andhra Pradesh Societies Act in November2012 to act as a nodal agency for development of Food Processing Sector in the State.
The Secretary to Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh is the Chairman of the Society. The Commissioner / Director in charge of allied sectors including Agriculture, Horticulture, Marketing, Animal Husbandry and KVIC are the members of the society.
The main objectives of the Society are:
- Enhancing and stabilizing the income level of the farmers.
- Achieving integration of the food processing infrastructure from farm to market.
- Making the food processing sector attractive for both domestic and foreign investors.
- Making food processing is all season activity.
- Undertaking Capacity building & Promotional activities.
- Providing Quality check facility.
- Providing Marketing assistance to producers.
- Reduction of Agricultural waste.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of food processing industry in both domestic as well as international markets.